I've been plant-based for three years now, and while I love to cook, it's nice to enjoy someone else's creation from time to time. Even though there are no exclusively vegan or plant-based restaurants in the Santa Ynez Valley, there are still plenty of options for eating out in wine country if you know where to go and what to order.
So if you're a local who's looking for some healthier options or a visitor looking for what you can eat while you're in town, I've got you covered.
Here's my curated list of favorite plant-based vegan meals locally:
1. Petros Kafe in Solvang: The Super Veg Salad (no feta) and the lentil soup (no feta)
2. Café Dolce in Solvang: Dragon Fruit or Acai bowl with granola and fruit
3. Rudy's Mexican Food in Buellton: Fajita Burrito (no meat/no cheese), add guacamole, add black beans
4. Hitching Post II Lunch in Buellton: Enjoy the Beyond Meat vegan burger with smoked tomato mayo and eggplant jam while sipping on a glass of Pinot Noir and watching the ostriches run around next door
5. Hummingbird Café in Solvang: Roasted Pumpkin Coconut soup, Coconut Noodles w/Cashew sauce. Harold (the owner) will also create a custom meal for you if you let him know you don't eat meat.
Photos on this website are the property of Vineyard Yoga SYV and may not be used without permission.